Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken – the best recipe for baked chicken breast with honey mustard sauce. Seasoning chicken and searing it before baking creates the incredibly rich flavor in this dish.
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt I used sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1.5 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together minced garlic, 1 teaspoon olive oil, paprika, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Coat each chicken breast with seasoning mixture.
- In a medium skillet, heat up olive oil. Sear each chicken breast, 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and place in 2qt baking dish. (see notes for searing and baking in cast iron skillet).
- In another small bowl, whisk honey, vinegar and both mustards.
- Add 1/4 cup of chicken stock to the pan and deglaze it, by scraping any baked-on bits from searing the chicken. You don’t want to skip this step, as there is a lot of flavor in the pan.
- Add honey mustard sauce to the pan and whisk together. Pour the mixture over chicken.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of each chicken breast. If it reads at least 165 degrees F, the chicken is done.
- Remove dish from oven and let it stand 10 minutes before serving.
Jump To Recipe >> crunchycreamysweet.com