A super flavorful, crispy, juicy and moist chicken sandwich that’s completed with bacon, cheese, and mayo. This is the ultimate chicken sandwich hands down.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
Seasoning Blend :
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- First, remove any excess fat from the boneless chicken breasts
Whisk granulated garlic, granulated onion, oregano, paprika, and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and 3/4 of the spice mixture.
- Place seasoned chicken in a large bowl and add the butter milk, set aside.
- While the chicken marinades in the buttermilk and spices, whisk the all purpose flour with the remaining 1/4 spices, salt, pepper, baking soda, and 2 tbsp of the seasoned buttermilk.
- Dredge the chicken in flour mixture and shake off any excess flour.
Fry chicken in vegetable oil for 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked through at a steady temperature of 310-325 degrees
- Remove chicken from the skillet and place on a rack, allowing excess oil to drip.
Jump To Recipe >> cookedbyjulie.com