Cajun Grilled Shrimp – Sweet and spicy Cajun Shrimp made on the grill and paired with grilled onions and peppers that’s also flavored with Cajun seasoning.
- 1.5 lbs shrimp cleaned and de-veined
- 1 lime – juice only
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 large red onion
- salt* if seasoning does not contain salt
- If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for about 30 minutes before adding shrimp.
- Combine cleaned, shelled, de-veined shrimp with Cajun seasoning, lime juice, and honey in a mixing bowl and mix well. Let it marinade while preparing the grill and starting the vegetables.
- Slice onions and peppers into straws and mix with some oil and Cajun seasoning. Grease a vegetable basket that has fine grate so that vegetables don’t fall through and spread onion and peppers in it.
- Start to coals and once coals are ashed over, add vegetable basket to the grill. Let vegetables cook until half way done before adding shrimp to the grill.
- Skewer the shrimp onto the wooden skewers but don’t pack them too tight. Drizzle remaining marinade on top of each shrimp skewer.
- Spray both sides of the shrimp skewer with some oil and place it on the grill. Cook shrimp for about 4 minutes on each side, depending on the size of shrimp. Once shrimp turns completely opaque, it’s ready.
- Take shrimp and vegetables off the grill right away.
Jump To Recipe >> willcookforsmiles.com