Shrimp marinated in garlic, honey, lime, and pepper then quickly sauteed and caramelized. Perfect for tacos, rice bowls, or as is! This is great for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled*
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 tablespoon honey
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper as needed
- Add the shrimp to a large bowl to marinade. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper for flavor.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, juice of 2 limes (about 2 tablespoons lime juice), garlic, two tablespoons of honey, and red pepper flakes until combined. Pour over the shrimp and marinade for 30-45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Slice the remaining 1/2 lime and set aside until needed.
- When ready to cook, heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp. Use a wooden spoon to separate the shrimp so they are evenly scattered in the pan. Cook 3 minutes on each side until shrimp are pink and no longer translucent.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add 2 lime slices, and drizzle over the remaining honey. The honey will start to bubble and caramelize the shrimp, just be sure to keep tossing and turning the shrimp to prevent burning. Once the shrimp have a glaze of deep brown, they are ready. The process should take 3-4 minutes.
- Taste and adjust pepper flakes, salt, garlic, and lime as needed. Serve as is, in a taco, or over rice with avocado and mango.
Jump to Recipe >> vodkaandbiscuits.com