Corn on the Cob
The way you eat corn on the cob will never be the same after you’ve tried this mouthwatering Caribbean-style recipe. Coated with homemade aioli, paprika, parmesan cheese, and parsley, this is the perfect American side dish to serve any time of year.
- 6 ears of fresh corn or sweet corn
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped, divided
- Paprika and grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make a cut around the bright green husks of the corn at 2 inches from the end. Tear off the husks along the cut. (See photos. This step is to turn the corn cob into a handle.) Remove the silk inside.
- Wrap up each prepared ear of corn with aluminum foil and put directly on the oven rack. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- While the corn is baking, make the aioli. Smash up the garlic with sea salt with a pestle and mortar (or use the end of a rolling pin in a metal bowl).
- Place egg yolk and mustard in a medium bowl. Whisk until blended. Start adding oil, bit by bit, stirring vigorously till creamy. Make sure to blend well each time you add a bit oil into the egg yolk mixture.
- When all the oil has gone in and the mixture is thickened, add lemon juice and the smashed garlic with salt. Mix well. Add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Stir until evenly mixed. Taste, season with more salt, pepper, or lemon juice if needed.
- When corn is done, let cool for a few minutes.
- Coat each ear of corn with 2 tablespoons aioli. Make sure that all sides are covered. Sprinkle with paprika and Parmesan cheese. To finish off, top with the remaining parsley.
Jump To Recipe >> streetsmartkitchen.com