Chicken Pasta in Simple Pesto White Wine Sauce is so delicious with flavors of basil, thyme and oregano as well as pungency from garlic, you simply can’t go wrong here!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoon butter (divided)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless thin chicken breasts, or tenders (cut up in 1 inch chunks)
- 10 oz white mushrooms (thickly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper
Pesto White Wine Sauce:
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (thyme, oregano, basil – combined)
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sodium free chicken broth (adjust salt if not sodium free)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) basil pesto
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh basil (for garnish)
- 10 oz fettuccine pasta
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken chunks to the hot skillet, generously season them with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning right in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on one side, flip once and cook for 2 additional minutes on the other side.
- In order to not overcrowd the pan I cooked chicken in 2 rounds (this avoids overs-teaming it and ensures proper browning). Because the pan will be hotter on the second round, reduce cooking time for chicken to 2 minutes per side. Add a splash of olive oil to the second round of cooking chicken. Remove cooked chicken from skillet after each round.
- Add second tablespoon of olive oil and second tablespoon of butter to the now empty skillet. Once the pan is hot, add sliced mushrooms, generously season them with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning right in the skillet.
- Cook the mushrooms on medium high heat without flipping for 2-3 minutes until mushrooms release liquid and get soft. Pressing down with spatula will speed up the process. Flip to the other side and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove mushrooms from skillet.
Pesto White Wine Parmesan Sauce: