Chicken Wild Rice Casserole Recipe combines wild rice with cooked chicken, veggies, and a rich and a nice creamy sauce. Simple, hearty ingredients stirred together and baked for a creamy chicken and wild rice casserole, perfect for any weeknight dinner. So yummy and a great comfort dish.
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed (or any other meat)
- 1 box Uncle Ben’s Long Grain and Wild Rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 slices swiss cheese from the deli; or use about 1 cup grated cheese,
- any kind you have
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 stalk celery diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- First, Cook box of rice according to packaged directions. In skillet, melt butter and sautee onion and celery over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, spoon rice into large bowl. To the rice, add cream of mushroom soup, chicken, vegetables, cream, cooked onion and celery, and salt and pepper.
- Spread into a casserole dish. Top with cheese and almonds. Cover with foil and warm thoroughly at 300 degrees for at least 30 minutes (and up to 60).
- Serve with a side salad.
Jump To Recipe >> laurenslatest.com