Christmas Star Twisted Bread
Christmas Star Twisted Bread Recipe – Swirled with jam, this sweet beauty may look tricky, but it’s not. The best part is opening the oven to find this freshly baked star bread in all its glory.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Dissolve yeast in warm water until foamy. In another bowl, combine milk, egg, butter, sugar and salt; add yeast mixture and 3 cups flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
Full Direction >> tasteofhome.com