Creamy Mushroom Garlic Chicken Recipe is juicy chicken in the most amazing creamy and delicious garlic mushroom sauce served with mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower. This makes one incredible 30 minute meal!
- 2 bone less skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- choppe d parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 table spoons butter, divided
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- First, cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Season each piece with salt and pepper.
- Then add flour to a shallow dish. Dredge each chicken piece in flour.
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil and butter over medium heat. When butter is melted, add floured chicken pieces to pan. Cook until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. The internal temperature should register 165 degrees F. Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate. Set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed. Add garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant. Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon so all of the browned bits from cooking chicken are mixed into the sauce.
- Remove skillet from heat, add cream and stir well. Return chicken to skillet. Place back on heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the whole dish is hot.
- Serve chicken with mashed potatoes or cooked pasta. Spoon mushroom sauce over each pieces. Garnish with chopped parsley and more black pepper.
Jump To Recipe >> crunchycreamysweet.com