Chicken Breasts is easy and absolutely delicious. Add spinach and mushrooms and there you have quick and easy weeknight dinner. These chicken breasts are super juicy and tender. It will become Perfect for busy weeknights!
- 4 chicken breasts halved crosswise
- 10 oz Cremini mushrooms (1 package) sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Creamy Parmesan Sauce :
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Chicken: Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on a large plate and set aside. Next in a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes on each side until browned for a total of 8 minutes. Remove it onto a plate
- Now add the sliced mushrooms and remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Sauce for 5 minutes, your mushrooms should look nice and moist, and dark. Once cooked, remove them from the pan.
- Sauce: To make the sauce, add butter to the pan, allow it to melt and then cook garlic in it until slightly browned – only for a couple of minutes. Add 1 tablespoon flour and cook until it’s no longer raw. Slowly add chicken broth, heavy cream. Once simmering add Parmesan cheese and allow it to blend for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Add spinach to the sauce and allow it to wilt.
- Next cooked mushrooms back into the pan and mix them into the sauce.
- Now add cooked chicken and allow it to reheat for 2-3 minutes. Close the lid to help the heat stay in. Serve immediately! Spoon sauce all over chicken.
Jump To Recipe >> whatsinthepan.com