Crock Pot Sweet and Spicy Sticky Wings get fall off the bone tender in the crock pot and then wonderfully caramelized with a thick sauce under the broiler.
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (divided)
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 pounds chicken wings (halved at joint and wingtips removed)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Place ginger, garlic, 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper in a food processor and pulse until a paste is formed.
- Place chicken wings and paste in crock pot and toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. Use slotted spoon to remove wings and place them in a large bowl lined with paper towels. Discard liquid in crock pot.
- Let wings cool 20 minutes or you can refrigerate them up to 24 hours.
- Place oven rack in lower-middle of oven. It should be 10 to 12 inches from the heating element. Turn oven to broil.
- Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet and spray rack with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together water, tomato paste, remaining 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Pour half of sauce in bowl with chicken wings and gently toss to coat.
- Place wings skin side up on prepared rack.
- Broil until wings are lightly charred, about 10 to 15 minutes. Flip wings over and brush with sauce. Broil 3 minutes. Flip and brush with sauce one more time and broil 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Jump To Recipe >> spicysouthernkitchen.com