This Crustless Spinach Quiche is the perfect light breakfast! It is only 140 calories per slice. With only 20 minutes of hands on time you just can’t beat this spinach quiche recipe.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced small
- 8 ounces mini portabella mushrooms sliced (white mushrooms could also be used)
- 5 cups spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a nine inch quiche dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Then add the garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Cook, sauteing until the mushrooms are soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and stir until wilted. About two minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Pour the vegetables into the quiche dish. Add the egg mixture over the top. Bake for 40 minutes or until the edges start to pull away from the side of the dish and the middle has just a slight jiggle to it.
Source : wineandglue.com