Cuban mojo marinated pork a traditional dish, in Cuba, is very popular. Traditional ingredients include sour orange juice, fresh garlic, and salt with a variety of herbs. This amazing recipe instead swamps out sour orange juice for fresh orange juice, orange zest and fresh lime juice, that creates the amazing flavour you are about to enjoy!
The citrus is such a great pairing with the pork! a perfect summer combo! You can use fresh mojo criollo as a marinade for pork, chicken, beef, fish or turkey or as a condiment to serve with your favourite meat dish.The Cuban mojo marinated pork is so easy to make, yet will impress your guests or family.You will love this recipe, it is tender, with tons of flavour! The marinade is absolutely delicious!
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lightly packed mint leaves, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced oregano (2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 and 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, in one piece