I got compliments on this dessert at Christmas dinner. I followed the GOOEY CAKE recipe exactly. Next time, I won’t bother holding back the 1/4 cup batter, it was already marbling when I was spreading the cheesecake layer on top. The red velvet flavor was decadent and shined through. My son said that it is not like a brownie at all, but he still loved it. I will definitely make again.
GOOEY RED VELVET BROWNIE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a microwave-proof bowl, combine chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream. Microwave for 45 seconds – 1 minute. Remove from microwave and immediately start whisking until chocolate mixture is smooth. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Then refrigerate until slightly firm. This takes anywhere from 30-45 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine red velvet cake mix with ingredients list on the box. Mix well until all ingredients are combined. Pour batter into a 9”x13” pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine brownie mix with ingredients listed on the box. Mix well until all ingredients are combined. Pour brownie batter over top of red velvet batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. I baked mine for about 28 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cake to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Pour can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of cake and allow it to absorb in the cake until cake is cooled. Let set until completely cooled.
- While cake is cooling, prepare the chocolate cream cheese topping.
- Remove hardened chocolate from refrigerator and combine in a mixing bowl with cream cheese. Beat on medium speed for a few minutes until well combined.
- Add whipped cream and mix until incorporated. Refrigerate cheesecake frosting until ready to serve. Spread over top of cake.
- After adding the cheesecake frosting, the cake must be refrigerated.