Crispy battered shrimp recipe tossed in creamy sauce topped with sugar coated walnuts. This is so much better than take out and one of the best shrimp recipes that you will make!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cornstarch
- sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- In a small saucepan stir together the water and sugar. Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for about 2 minutes then drains and place on a cookie sheet to dry.
- eat the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium high heat. In a small bowl whisk the egg. Add the cornstarch to another small bowl. Dip the shrimp into the egg and then the cornstarch. Fry the shrimp for about 5 minutes or until they turn pink and the outside is golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Sprinkle with candied walnuts and green onions. Serve.
Jump To Recipe >> therecipecritic.com