Beef Wellingtons Recipe
Individual Beef Wellingtons Recipe is easy, tasty, and very elegant. A savory mushroom-wine sauce is draped over golden pastry. This elegant entree is perfect to present to guests on Christmas.
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 to 2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons port wine
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- In a large skillet, brown steaks in 2 tablespoons butter for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each puff pastry sheet into a 14×9-1/2-in. rectangle. Cut each into two 7-in. squares (discard scraps). Place a steak in the center of each square. Lightly brush pastry edges with water. Bring opposite corners of pastry over steak; pinch seams to seal tightly. Cut four small slits in top of pastry.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush with egg. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute mushrooms and shallots in remaining butter for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Combine flour and consomme until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in wine and thyme. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Serve with beef.
Jump To Recipe >> tasteofhome.com