Instant Pot Chicken
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo is traditional Filipino comfort food made easy with a pressure cooker. The chicken comes out tender and flavorful, and the adobo sauce is simultaneously tangy, sweet, and savory. This recipe is easy and budget friendly!
- 2 – 2.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce (do not use regular, which will be too salty)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and coarse black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 scallions sliced
- cooked white rice or cauliflower rice
- Select the saute mode on the pressure cooker for medium heat. Generously season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper.
- When the display reads hot, add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot. Add half of the chicken thighs and cook for a few minutes on each side before transferring them to a plate. Repeat for the remaining chicken thighs. Turn off the saute mode.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, onion, garlic, and cayenne to the pot. Stir well and scrape up any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Return all chicken thighs to the pot in a single layer, placing them snugly on top of the onions. Top with bay leaves. Secure and seal the lid. Cook for 10 minutes at high pressure followed by a manual pressure release.
- Uncover and select the saute mode. Boil for about 15 minutes to thicken the sauce. Remove the bay leaves. Serve the chicken, and sauce, optionally with cooked cauliflower rice. Top with sliced scallions.
Jump To Recipe >> savorytooth.com