This Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Breasts with Garlic is an easy low carb / keto-friendly meal for spring. Best of all, this pressure cooker chicken recipe cooks up tender, juicy and full of flavor!
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts roughly 1 lb
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
After Reducing Sauce :
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- First, combine all ingredients in a 6 quart Instant Pot (unless listed as ‘after reducing sauce’).
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes (for average 7 oz chicken breasts; see note). Release the pressure when the Instant Pot beeps (quick pressure release).
- Using a pair of tongs, carefully remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and allow to rest while you reduce the sauce.
- Reduce the sauce: select ‘sautee’ on the Instant Pot, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 7-10 minutes.
- When roughly 1/3 of a cup of the sauce remains (and you start to see the bottom of the IP as you stir), stir in the parmesan cheese, cream, and lemon (for the lemon garlic chicken only). Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is heated through (but not boiling), and remove the pot from the Instant Pot base using oven mitts.
- Spoon the sauce over chicken breast, rice and veggies.
Jump To Recipe >> sweetpeasandsaffron.com