Italian Braised Chicken – delicious one-pot braised chicken recipe with tomato and basil sauce. Amazing weeknight meal for the family!
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 10 fresh Italian basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion (1/2 onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 oz half can of a 28-oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley for garnishing
- Rinse the chicken thighs with water and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and black pepper on both sides of the chicken. Puree the tomatoes in a food processor.
- Heat up the Xtreme braiser on high heat. When it’s fully heated, arrange the chicken thighs, skin side down first. Brown both sides of the chicken. Remove the chicken from the braiser, save the juice that seeps out from the chicken.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the olive oil to the braiser. Saute the onion and garlic, for a couple of minutes or until the diced onion becomes soft. Add the tomato puree and basil, stir to combine well. Transfer the chicken and the juice into the braiser, cover the braiser with its lid and simmer on low heat, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken becomes tender. Add salt and brown sugar, stir to combine well. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Jump To Recipe >> rasamalaysia.com