These oven baked chicken thighs are juicy, flavorful & exactly what you’re looking for in a chicken recipe. Smothered in a sweet soy sauce that makes itself in the pan, this is an easy weeknight dinner you’ll love.
FOR THE CHICKEN THIGHS
– 6 to 8 (1.5 to 2 pounds, total) bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
– salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
– 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) smoked or sweet paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
FOR THE MARINADE
– 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
– 3 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.Combine paprika, thyme, basil, and rosemary in a small mixing bowl; rub the prepared seasoning around each chicken thigh.
- Transfer chicken thighs to a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl combine soy sauce, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour marinade over chicken thighs.
- Cover the chicken thighs and set in the fridge for 1 hour, or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Remove chicken from fridge and let stand on the counter while oven preheats.
- Remove the cover and bake chicken for 35 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Half way through cooking, baste the chicken with the liquid.
- Turn on the broiler and continue to cook for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes on the counter.
- Serve chicken with the pan sauce and garnish with green onions.
Jump to Recipe >> diethood.com