This hearty stew uses lean white Stewed Chicken meat and chopped escarole in a well-spiced tomato sauce for its flavor. But it only takes a little more than half an hour to be ready.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 8 macro free-range chicken thigh fillets
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 anchovies, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- 500ml Gold Free-range chicken stock
- 125ml red wine (optional)
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded and sliced
- In a large, lidded pan, heat the oil over a medium-high heat, add the chicken and brown. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, cook the onion for 6-8 minutes until it starts to caramelise, adding the anchovies and garlic for the last 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaves and rosemary, and then cook for 5 minutes, then return the chicken to the pan.
- Add the stock wine and capsicum. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. Stir in the capers for the last few minutes. Season and serve.
Source : woolworths.com