This One Pan Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Skillet gives you all the flavor and deliciousness of hand-rolled sour cream chicken enchiladas without all the work! It’s cheesy, creamy, zesty and your family is going to love it!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles
- 4 ounces chopped black olives
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 whole corn tortillas (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cups colby-jack cheese (grated)
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Stir in flour, cook for 1 minute and whisk in chicken broth. Continue stirring until smooth and thickened– about 2-3 minutes.
- Then stir chipotle chili powder, salt, oregano, green chiles and black olives into the sauce and place chicken breasts into pan. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan, leaving the heat on low, and place chicken on a plate to shred into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir sour cream into the sauce and return chicken to the pan along with the tortillas. Stir until combined and top with grated cheese.
- Cover pan and cook for 5-8 minutes until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
Jump To Recipe >> heatherlikesfood.com