One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice
Good but I also added carrot, celery and onion to the chicken mixture. In addition I took out the chicken bullion and used garlic and onion powder with the seasoning salt. For the topping I halved the cracker crumbs and added about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to them for the topping. I also took out the butter which was not needed once the cheese was added, I used sharp chedder instead of the velveta. I think the combo of velveta, bullion and seasoning salt would add way to much salt to this dish.
Great first out of the oven, when re-heated I felt it was too dry, maybe the rice soaks up the extra liquid. Next time will add more sour cream or something to make it have a little more liquid.
A classic, home-cooked, comfort food dinner! I didn’t add the cooked chicken to the sauce (so that I could stir it better/smoother) but just mixed it in ahead with the rice (Step one or two). Also, I took another’s advice about adding veggies: I added some cooked chopped celery & cooked chopped carrots. Overall – an easy dinner that we all thought was terriffic!
INGREDIENTS One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts), cut into 1-inch piceces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups rice, rinsed (I used jasmine)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- In a 3 quart pot heat 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat.
- Place chicken thigh pieces into the heated oil. Add plenty of salt and pepper. Saute for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked.
- Add diced onion and garlic to the chicken and saute for another 3 minutes. Next add the carrots and celery to the chicken.
- Increase the heat to high and add chicken broth, then stir in the rinsed rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Stir again and then cover and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Add more salt, pepper or seasonings if desired.
READ MORE >>> One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice @ iheartnaptime.net