Garlic Butter Chicken
One Pot Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Mushrooms – decadently delicious chicken thighs and a mushroom side dish all in one pan with the most amazingly delicious garlic butter sauce. This garlic butter sauce is incredibly simple and goes great over chicken thighs and mushrooms. It will become your favorite dinner!
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, stems removed and wiped clean
- 4 chicken thighs, bones removed (skinless or with skin OK)
- Pinch of salt, very small amount – but if using low sodium stock or unsalted butter, ok to use a little more salt
- 6-10 cloves garlic, sliced in half or finely diced (I like big chunks of garlic but realize most don’t)
- 1 pinch to 1 tsp red pepper flakes, depending on your desired spicy level
- 1/2 cup diced cilantro, optional
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- First, heat a heavy pan on medium high until very hot.
- Then add butter, swirl around pan, and let melt.
- When butter is foamy and melted, add chicken thighs.
- Very lightly salt chicken thighs (ONE pinch for all things – don’t overdo it!)
- Cook chicken thighs 5 minutes on each side, until lovely golden brown.
- When chicken thighs are well browned, remove from pan – do not drain pan grease.
- Add garlic to pan, stir well.
- Add mushrooms to pan, stirring occasionally to keep mushrooms and garlic from burning.
- Add second half of butter to pan, let melt.
- Let garlic and mushrooms brown – about 4-6 minutes. Do not let garlic burn, reduce heat if needed.
- Add red pepper flakes (add slowly according to your taste) and cilantro when chicken and mushrooms are lovely golden browned.
- Add stock, lemon juice, and cheese.
- Stir well, being sure to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Bring to a boil, let reduce and thicken slightly for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs back to pan, let sauce reduce another 5-8 minutes, flipping chicken occasionally, until thick and chicken thighs are 165 internal temp.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately!
Jump To Recipe >> sweetcsdesigns.com