Roasted Red Pepper
One Pot Roasted Red Pepper and Sausage Alfredo – We really enjoyed this dish as it is just packed with flavor! I think sausage is more flavorful than other meats like chicken or beef, so I really enjoy using it in cooking. The sauce with the pureed roasted red pepper is just amazing!
- 3/4 lb Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 12 oz pasta of your choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups milk (plus 1/4 cup for the sauce)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (plus 1/4 cup for the sauce)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 (16 oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained and pureed (you can do this in a food processor or blender)
- Remove the casing from the sausage and discard the casing. To do this, simply cut along the side of the sausage with a sharp knife and peel off the pierced casing with your fingers.
- In a large pot or high-walled pan, saute the sausage meat with the garlic and olive oil over medium heat, until browned.
- Stir in chicken broth, pureed roasted red pepper, milk and pasta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12 minutes. If the liquid has all been absorbed, add the additional milk and chicken broth.
- Stir in spinach, 1 handful at a time, and cook until wilted and hot.
- Stir in the goat cheese and parmesan. Continue to stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Jump To Recipe >> hostthetoast.com