No boring chicken here! I can’t wait for you try this Mediterranean inspired Oven Roasted Greek Chicken Breast recipe. Meaty chicken pieces are marinated in an herb and garlic yogurt sauce then slow roasted to juicy perfection.
For the marinade:
– 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
– 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
– zest of 1 lemon
– 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
– 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
– 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoons dried
– 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
– 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the chicken:
– 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Loosen the skin on top of the breasts by poking a finger under between the skin and breast making a small opening. Don’t detach it completely. Spoon a little marinade into the pocket and smash it around to distribute. Place the chicken breasts in the bag with the remaining marinade, turning to coat. Marinate for 4-24 hours. Turn the bag a few times while marinating.
- When ready to roast, remove the bag of chicken from the refrigerator and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken breasts skin-side up in a roasting pan or large oven-proof skillet.
- Reserve marinade to baste chicken halfway through roasting if desired..
- Roast the breasts (uncovered) until they register 160 degrees F, about 50-60 minutes depending on the size of the pieces. Baste with additional marinade halfway through roasting if desired. Remove the pan from the oven and spoon the pan juices over the top of the chicken. Serve and enjoy!
Jump to Recipe >> savingdessert.com