Dinner Recipes, Italian Recipes, Pasta Recipes
Sausage and spinach stuffed shells with ricotta cheese!
- 20 pasta shells (jumbo)
- 1 pound pork sausage (casings removed)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shredded (more, if desired)
- Parsley optional for decoration
- HOW TO COOK SHELLS: Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, add the pasta shells then follow package directions for cooking the shells (I cooked mine for 10 minutes). Drain, and then rinse the shells with cold water. Set aside on a baking sheet.
- HOW TO MAKE FILLING: Heat a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. As the sausage cooks, use a wooden spoon to break the sausage up into small pieces in the pan.
- Stir in the garlic, canned tomatoes and spinach. Cook until heated through and liquid reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat then stir in the ricotta cheese. Taste for seasoning then adjust with salt and pepper to taste.
Jump to Recipes >>> whatsinthepan.com