Salmon Patties are delicious and flavorful, made with cooked salmon, panko bread crumbs, and spiked with fresh green onions, lemon and paprika. The patties are tender on the inside, and perfectly crispy on the outside. They can be used as an appetizer or as a main dish.
- 1 lb salmon cooked and flaked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs plain
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- zest of one lemon
- Canola or vegetable oil to cook the patties
- Place salmon skin-side down in a lightly greased baking sheet, and season with some salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil, and bake it for 10 minutes (uncovered) in the oven at 425˚F.
- Once baked, discard the skin, and flake the salmon with a fork. If it has any bones, remove them.
- Next, add to the salmon the rest of ingredients, and mix them together using your hands.
- Use an ice cream scoop for portioning so each salmon patty is about the same size, and make into patties.
- In a skillet, add some canola or vegetable oil, about 1 inch from the surface. Once the oil is sizzling, add the patties to the pan. Cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown, turning gently.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
Source : sweetandsavorymeals.com