Shrimp Recipes, Jambalaya Recipes, Dinner Recipes
A tasty Louisiana rice dish with andouille sausage and shrimp.
- 1/2 pound shrimp peeled and deveined reserving the shells
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup long grained rice
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- 4 green onions, sliced
- hot sauce to taste
- Bring the chicken broth and shrimp shells to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until required later.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the sausage and cook until browned on both sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the onion, pepper and celery and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and creole seasoning and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Strain the shells from the broth, add the broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and rice to the sausage and vegetables, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is tender and the sauce has reduced and thickened to the desired thickness, about 20-40 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste and served topped with the green onions and hot sauce on the side.
Jump to recipe >>> closetcooking.com