Skillet Moroccan Chicken Recipe is the combination of sweet peaches, chicken, salty feta, and the basil, tomato and balsamic were divine. This dish is pretty and delish! It’s also quick, easy, and a great way to use up any peaches and tomatoes you currently have sitting on your counter. What a great dish to use some of summer’s best produce.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons toasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 cup dry white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rub the chicken all over with 1 tablespoon olive oil, paprika, and lemon zest, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and cook 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Add the ginger and garlic and cook another minute. Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice. Slide the chicken back into the pan. Simmer the chicken for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Arrange the peaches evenly around the chicken. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 5 minutes or until the peaches are just charred.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, and pistachios in a medium bowl.
- Spoon the tomatoes over the chicken, then top with peaches, feta, and any remaining pan sauce.
Jump To Recipe >> halfbakedharvest.com