A Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast or Pork Shoulder roast that’s cooked in an amazing honey butter garlic sauce. It’s a slow cooker pork roast recipe that works fabulously with pork loin, shoulder, and scotch fillet, for your slow cooker, pressure cooker or oven. It only requires 5 ingredients!
- 1.75 – 2.5 kg / 3.5 – 5lb pork loin OR shoulder/boston butt, or scotch fillet, skinless (Note 1)
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 2 tsp each paprika, thyme
- 1 tsp eachgarlic powder, onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Honey Butter Sauce:
- 3/4 cup / 225 g honey
- 1/4 cup / 65 ml cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper (each)
- 125 g / 1/2 cup butter (unsalted)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tsp cornflour/cornstarch mixed with splash of water
- Spice Rub: Rub pork with about 1 tsp oil. Mix Rub together then sprinkle over pork. Pat to adhere all over.
- Brown: Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork and sear all around until deep golden brown (don’t let spices burn).
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- Honey Butter Sauce: Wipe pan. Add butter and melt. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until golden. Add remaining Sauce ingredients, mix, simmer rapidly for 30 seconds.
- Pour Sauce over pork. Cover slow cooker.
- Pork loin – Cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours,
- Pork Shoulder – Cook on Low for 10 hours (Note 6 for oven, IP and pressure cooker).
- Remove pork onto serving platter, cover loosely with foil (10 – 20 minutes rest).
- Pour all juices in slow cooker into large saucepan. Add cornflour water mixture, mix.
- Thicken Sauce: Simmer on medium high for 5 minutes or until it reduces down to a syrupy consistency.
- Slice pork into thick slices (1.5 – 2 cm / 3/5 – 4/5″ thick). Serve with Plenty of Honey Butter Sauce!
Jump To Recipe >> recipetineats.com